STEAM version of Metro 2033 keeps crashing

Reaction score
Guess who has more computer problems?
Okay, I've been playing Metro 2033, it's been crashing sometimes, but mostly going pretty smooth.

Currently I am on the Tower level, and the other guy and I are running through the outside, through the grass area with tons of destroyed cars, trucks, buses, and those mutant dog looking things keep attacking, and about on the 3rd attack, the game freezes, and then I have to "ctrl alt del" to get out.

I have tried turning down the graphics. I have tried turning off all other background applications running on my PC. And it still crashes.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Okay I think something changed, it didn't crash this time.

I don't know if the 5 restarts from reinstalling my HP Printer drivers changed something. But it seems the game is not crashing on this level right now. YAY!

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Metro 2033, yeah it follows the book. But Jesus the game sucks so bad. No ending to it. It could have had so so so so much potential. Definitely not worth the money I paid for it.

Ask a Question