Sound Problems

Reaction score
HELLO! Before, we are using windows XP. recently, our computer was damaged because of viruses so we have to reformat it. We have installed windows 7 and everything was back to normal again except the speakers. Everything is connected properly to the computer. We tried to connect the speakers to different devices (such as laptop with windows 7, protable dvd player) and it works properly. However, in our computer it doesn't. I checked everything on the control panel, and it says "The device is working properly", but no sound is coming. The system sounds too doesn't work. How do I fix this? I'm only 14 years old and I only know a little on Windows 7 . Please help.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Did you install the sound chip drivers for your computer?

In "Control Panel" then "Sound", does it show your speakers connected?

In the Playback section of Sound, right-click and then click "Show disabled devices". Does it show your sound card or audio chipset?

Give us some information if possible please.

Reaction score
Whoa! Thanks for the reply, but nothing appears when i clicked on the "show disabled devices".

Whenever I try to play music, i can see those green lines going up and down. And somewhere in the Control Panel>Sounds i read something that says the device is working properly. But no sound can be heard.

Reaction score
I have noticed in Win7 that you may have a number of different devices in your sound option. Have a check on this and make sure your speakers are set as the default system.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Does the Sound window show the green check mark as the Speakers being default?

Does the Sound windows show which audio device it working the speakers?

Ask a Question