Sound Crackles/Lags

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a gaming laptop with Windows 7 and have been experiencing problems with it. When I try to play a video (on YouTube, Hulu, etc.) in full screen, my sound crackles and is laggy/choppy. However, this doesn't occur when the videos are not in full screen. Also, when I play games (first person shooters) on my laptop, the sound lags terribly. Every 30-60 seconds or so, my sound lags. My video lags a little too, but it's mainly the sound that's the problem. It sometimes gets even worse, and my screen "freezes" along with my sound. I then have to restart my laptop to fix it. It's a very annoying problem, and I can't seem to find a solution on the Internet.. only more people with the same unanswered issue.

And another thing.. after restarting my laptop when the screen and sound freeze, my cookies disappear. But all my cookie settings in internet options are set correctly. :S

Anyway, rather than giving you my specs, I'll just link to the laptop I purchased:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5270805&CatId=4938

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Install all the latest drivers from Gateway's site for it, including video and audio.

Install the latest bios for it.

Then go into the bios to disable any cpu throttling abilities. Save. Boot to Windows and make sure that there is no cpu throttling happening from any Gateway utilities. Set a high performance power mode if necessary.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Install all the latest drivers from Gateway's site for it, including video and audio.

Install the latest bios for it.

Then go into the bios to disable any cpu throttling abilities. Save. Boot to Windows and make sure that there is no cpu throttling happening from any Gateway utilities. Set a high performance power mode if necessary.

Enjoy.
My drivers are all updated. It's a brand new computer, and I've checked both in Device Manager and on Gateway.com for updates, but none are needed.

Again, there is nothing new to install -- brand new laptop.

What do you mean by cpu throttling abilities? Are you referring to programs or services that might be causing me to lag? I barely have any programs installed at all, except for Norton Antivirus, my game(s), and some other insignificant things.

I also already have high performance power mode selected.

Thank you for your help, and please continue to offer any suggestions that you can think of!

Ask a Question