Solved Threads

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Firstly, a big thanks to everyone that suggested this modification in the feedback thread :)

I've added a button that lets thread starters and moderators mark a thread as solved once the problem has been found. Once done, this will change the icon in the forum view to a tick and it will also add a prefix to the thread title when you view a thread.

You can see an example in the the software forum with the Macrium backup software thread.

To mark a thread as "Solved", click the button on the "Thread Tools" menu (this may be made more prominent). I'll also roll out some changes to let people know they can mark threads as "solved".

We'll test this out for a few weeks to see how it goes, so do let me know what you think of it (and if we should keep it).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There should now be a notice at the top of a thread which is only visible to the original poster in the support forums, this is just a temporary reminder to mark a thread as solved.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
A finished thread marked as solved is a great idea and should keep the forum tidy:top:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
That was a great suggestion, helps users wading through many/long threads trying to find the one with the answer they're looking for. :)

Reaction score
Hey Ian now that we have a few threads marked solved. I was thinking it would be nice if we could see all of them in a list of some sort. so that the entire forum didn't need to be searched to see them.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Ooooo another good idea there Clifford.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that is possible to code easily, however you can almost achieve almost the same thing by going to Search > Advanced Search on the top menu and then select the [SOLVED] prefix from the list. Just tried it now and it seems to work well :)

Ask a Question