Smart Response/RAID Install Problem

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help me. I have an Asus P8Z68 deluxe/gen3 MB and I am trying to install Win7 fresh, so that I can set up Intel Smart Response. I have a 3TB Toshiba HD and a 64GB SSD connected to the Intel SATA connectors on the MB. I turned on RAID in BIOS, and booted from DVD drive to Windows7 disc. The problem ocurs when I get the the "which drive do you want to install windows to" screen. Here, it only shows the SSD. The Toshiba is not listed? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Because the drive is so large W7 probably doesn't have default drivers for it. My hunch is that you need to load the drivers before the install package can see it. Best to check the Toshiba documentation that comes with the drive.

But quite honestly, why wouldn't you want the OS on the faster SSD and then just put your data to the other drive? That would be the fastest implementation.

Ask a Question