Smart Card Reader CCID Compatibility.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Background info:
My company uses blank CCID cards that store a name and number on them and we use them with our handset devices so clients and customers can vote and interact with our software.

We have been using windows xp to read and burn our smart card's internally and externally on our laptops.

We have just upgraded all producer laptop's to Windows 7 32bit and installed all our company's software.

Problem:
The 2 problems we are facing is the internal smart card reader on the laptop.

Windows 7 is is trying to install a mini driver which is interrupting the process and coming up as failed all the time.

We are also trying to work out how to keep the internal device driver appearing and installed on the device manager even when a card isn't inserted. Reason for this is when we take the smart card out all our programs don't register as it has been taken out as the device driver is turning itself off and not responding to the programs. (Windows XP always had the device listed for the internal card reader)

The driver that installs the first time plugging our smart card is an Alcor Micro USB smart card reader. We have also reinstalled this software manually.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello.

I have the same problem, Alcor Micro USB smart card reader only shows in the device manager when there is a card inserted.

Did you find a solution about it?. Can anyone give a suggestion?.

Thank you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You could prevent Windows from installing drivers automatically, see HERE.

But that means no devices you plug in will automatically install which could be just as big an issue.

And, of course, your device will need a driver if it is to work.

Reaction score
Thank you.

At last, I prefered to code again according the situation.

Ask a Question