Lotus Smartsuite on Windows 7

Discussion in 'alt.windows7.general' started by Steve Hayes, Nov 10, 2012.

  1. Steve Hayes

    Steve Hayes Guest

    Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?

    My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to upgrade to Windows 7,
    but would like to know if she can then still run Smartsuite.


    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
    E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk
     
    Steve Hayes, Nov 10, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Steve Hayes

    dweebken Guest

    On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    > Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >
    > My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to upgrade to Windows 7,
    > but would like to know if she can then still run Smartsuite.
    >
    >

    Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    Haven't tried it on W8 yet.
     
    dweebken, Nov 10, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Steve Hayes

    dweebken Guest

    On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    > On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>
    >> My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to upgrade to
    >> Windows 7,
    >> but would like to know if she can then still run Smartsuite.
    >>
    >>

    > Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    > Haven't tried it on W8 yet.

    Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.
     
    dweebken, Nov 13, 2012
    #3
  4. Steve Hayes

    Steve Hayes Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <> wrote:

    >On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>
    >>> My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to upgrade to
    >>> Windows 7,
    >>> but would like to know if she can then still run Smartsuite.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.

    >Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.


    Thanks.


    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
    E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk
     
    Steve Hayes, Nov 14, 2012
    #4
  5. Steve Hayes

    Char Jackson Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <>
    wrote:

    >On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>

    >> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.

    >
    >Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.


    I didn't even know that Windows 9 was out already. How quickly a
    person can fall behind.

    --

    Char Jackson
     
    Char Jackson, Nov 14, 2012
    #5
  6. Steve Hayes

    Paul Guest

    Char Jackson wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >>> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>>
    >>> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >>> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.

    >> Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.

    >
    > I didn't even know that Windows 9 was out already. How quickly a
    > person can fall behind.
    >


    Yeah, the alpha version of Windows 9, is Windows 8 with a Start menu :)

    Hey, a guy can start a rumor, can't he ?

    Paul
     
    Paul, Nov 14, 2012
    #6
  7. Steve Hayes

    dweebken Guest

    On 14-Nov-12 1:38 PM, Paul wrote:
    > Char Jackson wrote:
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >>>> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>>>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >>>> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.
    >>> Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.

    >>
    >> I didn't even know that Windows 9 was out already. How quickly a
    >> person can fall behind.
    >>

    >
    > Yeah, the alpha version of Windows 9, is Windows 8 with a Start menu :)
    >
    > Hey, a guy can start a rumor, can't he ?
    >
    > Paul

    lol! Sorry for the typo. I meant W8 of course. But in fact I am using a
    W8 start menu button/tool called "8StartButton" to replace the W7 start
    orb that's missing. It's available from
    http://www.totalidea.com/8startbutton/index.php if you're interested.
    Actually it's there anyway even if you're not interested. It comes in
    free and fee flavours and had the flexibility to allow me to set it up
    the way I wanted. I paid for my one. There's others out there too.
     
    dweebken, Nov 14, 2012
    #7
  8. Steve Hayes

    mechanic Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:43:21 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >>> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>>
    >>>> My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to
    >>>> upgrade to Windows 7, but would like to know if she can then
    >>>> still run Smartsuite.
    >>>>
    >>> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >>> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.

    >>Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.

    >
    > Thanks.


    But is it any good? Seems like a long time since people were talking
    about it as an alternative to MS-Office.
     
    mechanic, Nov 14, 2012
    #8
  9. Steve Hayes

    Paul Guest

    dweebken wrote:
    > On 14-Nov-12 1:38 PM, Paul wrote:
    >> Char Jackson wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >>>>> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>>>>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >>>>> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.
    >>>> Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.
    >>>
    >>> I didn't even know that Windows 9 was out already. How quickly a
    >>> person can fall behind.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Yeah, the alpha version of Windows 9, is Windows 8 with a Start menu :)
    >>
    >> Hey, a guy can start a rumor, can't he ?
    >>
    >> Paul


    > lol! Sorry for the typo. I meant W8 of course. But in fact I am using a
    > W8 start menu button/tool called "8StartButton" to replace the W7 start
    > orb that's missing. It's available from
    > http://www.totalidea.com/8startbutton/index.php if you're interested.
    > Actually it's there anyway even if you're not interested. It comes in
    > free and fee flavours and had the flexibility to allow me to set it up
    > the way I wanted. I paid for my one. There's others out there too.


    You would think Microsoft could offer an "Anytime Upgrade" for
    Windows 8, where they add a Start button for $50.

    I'm sure there are a few people who would pay the $50 :)

    Paul
     
    Paul, Nov 14, 2012
    #9
  10. Steve Hayes

    Steve Hayes Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:31:29 +0000, mechanic <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:43:21 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:34 +1100, dweebken <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    >>>> On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >>>>> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to
    >>>>> upgrade to Windows 7, but would like to know if she can then
    >>>>> still run Smartsuite.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    >>>> Haven't tried it on W8 yet.
    >>>Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.

    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >
    >But is it any good? Seems like a long time since people were talking
    >about it as an alternative to MS-Office.


    The word processor (WordPro) was better than MS Word.

    It also came with a rather nice filing system, which, however, didn't work if
    you ever had to re-install it. If they'd continued developing it, perhaps it
    might be better today.


    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
    E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk
     
    Steve Hayes, Nov 15, 2012
    #10
  11. "dweebken" wrote in message news:k7t6m7$549$...

    On 10-Nov-12 10:14 PM, dweebken wrote:
    > On 10-Nov-12 9:32 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if Lotus Smartsuite can be used on Windows 7?
    >>
    >> My wife has it on her Vista machine, which she wants to upgrade to
    >> Windows 7,
    >> but would like to know if she can then still run Smartsuite.
    >>
    >>

    > Yes it does, I was running it on Win 7 Pro before I upgraded to W8.
    > Haven't tried it on W8 yet.
    > Works on W8 too. Just tried it on W9 Pro 64 bit. No guarantees though.


    Yes. Working fine here.
    I have it installed so I can access my ancient archive of Ami-Pro (.SAM
    Files) and Lotus 123 files. But it is still capable of creating new
    documents. It does generate a couple of items in the event viewer, and I
    suppose I should convert the files to word and excel but nostalgia! :)

    Bob
     
    Robert Brereton, Nov 16, 2012
    #11
  12. Steve Hayes

    tomk

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I need to buy a copy of Lotus smartsuite for Vista anybody got a copy for sale?
     
    tomk, Jan 7, 2016
    #12
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ian
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,255
  2. brusse01

    Lotus Notes 8.5

    brusse01, May 9, 2009, in forum: Software
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,972
    brusse01
    May 9, 2009
  3. detoxa
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    7,635
    Psikea
    May 27, 2009
  4. L. E. Baker

    Lotus 123r4w

    L. E. Baker, Jan 18, 2012, in forum: General Discussion
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,075
    TrainableMan
    Jan 19, 2012
  5. robert14
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    5,117
    TrainableMan
    Nov 26, 2014
Loading...