SOLVED Sims on Netbook

Reaction score
hi everybody, have anyone tried to play sims (original) on a netbook? i install it the other day...seems taking forever to load..though it saids, it passes the system requirement.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Passing system requirements doesn't exactly guarantee that it will give you a fast loading session. However I absolutely hate netbooks, I would never buy one.

Reaction score
yes..i do too...but its for my little sister's netbook, she loves playing sims. i don't want to see her frowning every time the game loads.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Any specifications for the netbook you have? (RAM, CPU, OS x86/x64, etc..)

You can try dxdiag assuming you have DirectX, to relay some of this information back

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
The trouble with gaming on a netbook is that netbooks aren't designed for graphics-intensive applications. Many of them have trouble even with Flash games, much less DirectX ones.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The trouble with gaming on a netbook is that netbooks aren't designed for graphics-intensive applications. Many of them have trouble even with Flash games, much less DirectX ones.
One of the reasons why I don't like them, they are too limited. I've never played SIMs before though so I wouldn't know how greedy it is for RAM or CPU.

Reaction score
Any specifications for the netbook you have? (RAM, CPU, OS x86/x64, etc..)

You can try dxdiag assuming you have DirectX, to relay some of this information back

this is the specs:

Windows 7 starter 32 bit
Compaq mini CQ10-600 intel atom N455 1.6 ghz
Ram: 2.0 gb DDR3
Graphics: 256mb Intel Graphics Media Accelarator 3150 @ 1024x600
Directx version: directx 11

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, that's probably the best you're going to get out of a netbook, but that would be the minimum for an graphics intensive game like The SIMS

"256mb Intel Graphics Media Accelarator 3150" is on the lower end of the spectrum for gaming. It's only 256mb

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you wanted, you could do all the upgrading to make it better suited for gaming, but personally I would just invest into a laptop or a desktop. Netbooks aren't designed for very good airflow, and seem to overheat more often than not from what i've heard about them. Windows 7 starter is the lowest of the Windows 7 OS versions, but to upgrade to a higher version you would have to do some hardware upgrading as well... Better to just invest into a new computer if you are really interested in gaming (or your sister)

Ask a Question