Signed Driver Enforcement

Reaction score
I installed a new hard drive on my Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. After installing the new drive, I'm having trouble getting my Realtek Wlan driver and my Realtek High Definition Audio driver to run. In order for these drivers to run, I must first f8 and choose "disable signed driver enforcement" from the start up menu. I need to do this every single time I restart my laptop as I have no internet and no sound. I did try running the system in Windows 7 Test mode and that work ok for my sound, but not my internet. I have removed the loadoptions for the test mode and I would like to find a permanent solution for the problem. As a side note, I have installed the latest drivers from Toshiba and it didn't help one bit. I also have problems with 2 devices that show the drivers are not installed but I don't know what these are:
PCI/VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_01\4&1BF6330A&0&01E3
PCI/VEN_1180&DEV_E852&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_01\4&1BF6330A&0&02E3

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you are absolutely sure you can't get a working W7 64-bit driver ...

Easiest way I know to run unsigned drivers in 64-bit is with DSEO13B.EXE. I suggest you check that out.

Ask a Question