setup was unable to creat a new system partition

Reaction score
Hey Guy
i was trying to format my laptop so i inserted my Win7 64 ultimate DVD and started booting so i selected a custom (Advanced) installation and reached to the part where i select where i want to install the windows and i select my 500 GB HD and select next then this " Setup Was Unable To Create A New System Partition Or Locate And Exciting System Partition " Error so plzz plzz help me i dont have any windows installed now on my laptop and i have no idea what to do i need help

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Are you booting the install DVD from the BIOS menu and selecting the DVD Drive as a "First Boot Device"?

When you're in the install screen that shows your HDD, do any partitions show up? If so delete all of them. (Be sure you have the "Advanced Features" button selected.)

I would recommend a smaller partition for your install, about 64-96 GB or so. Use the remainder of the HDD for all the miscellaneous storage.

Remember that MB in a HDD storage is different. Say you want a 64 GB partition, take 64,000 X (times) 1.024 = 65,536 MB or 64 GB in Windows parlance.

Ask a Question