Seperate forums for XP,Vista and 98/2000

Reaction score
Its nice to be here.....my friends as this site is fruitful for those who want to know more about windows 7.So I am very happy.As soon as I became member of this site I got a welcome message from the administrator.In reply I request the administrator on the matter of making other sub-forums on Windows XP ,Vista and 98/2000.So that this site can prove itself to be important to those who use those operating systems.Wish you all a happy time.
REGARDS:
mistu4u

Reaction score
Hi mistu4u - Welcome to w7forums

I'm not sure adding sub-forums for older OS's will help much. There are many forums that specialize with the older OS's. This forum was created for helping with Windows 7.

Personally I don't have 98, 2000, XP, 2003, or Vista. I'm afraid my memory is not what it used to be and having the OS would be a big help when it comes to helping others. I do have Windows 7 and will help users of Windows 7 where and when I can. I feel adding a sub-forum for older OS's would be a bit redundant when there are so many websites that are already well established.

However in the end its not my decision to make, the decision is ultimately up to admin to decide what is best for the forum. Whatever the outcome thanks for the suggestion. :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
One of the major +'s for this site, is it's dedication to Windows 7. As Cliff says, the web is overloaded with forums discussing other OSs
I would personaly find it a downgrade to expand and include others, but maybe other members have alternative views.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for your ideas and welcome to the forums mistu4u :). However, please try to keep all related topics in the same thread please.

I also agree with Clifford, as the site has been designed from the ground up as a Windows 7 resource, so adding other sections for legacy OS's would dilute the site and deviate from the main subject.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are several sites dedicated to XP.
I think the 10 users still on Vista just call each other on the phone. :p

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have to agree, if this site was allowed to cover those OS's, then all we would have is another general Windows forum, which there's plenty of already. This should primarily remain a Windows 7 forum.

I too, have some older Windows OS's (from 2K through Vista), as well as Linux Mint 9, but I'm a member of the forums of the OS's that I use. That way, I can get the help that I need, plus as on here, I can in return help others.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing at all wrong with using other OS's and having choice over what you run. I strongly believe in the freedom to run whatever OS (or OS's) that we want. There's several Linux users here, and I'm one of them. But it would be a distraction to look for help with Linux here, as well as the older OS's that I run.

But to have an all OS, all brands of computing, would take a massive effort, and would be difficult to run properly. This is not the largest forum on the net by a longshot, but it's the best that I've ever been on. From Ian on down, the people here have been good to me, and everyone is treated the same. There may be dispute and debate, but that's just everyone sharing their opinion, and very seldom have I seen Ian or the mods have to step in to break up a mess.

With this and the above posts in mind, it's best that we remain as we are, a group dedicated to Windows 7, as it's the present, and there's many challenges that remains ahead of us here. Computing is advancing everyday, and we have to do our best to keep up with what's new. We cannot move forward by embracing the past, and these are all the more reason that we must remain on our mission here, learning all we can about Windows 7, and helping our fellow members in need.

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Mistu4u, you've posted quite a few threads about improving this forum. Best way for you to actually start helping this forum would be to help others with their problems.
I 'm sure you have a lot of knowledge about computers, so why not put it to use in other places than your job or whatever you do.

A forum is about the community, not the design of the website. (Though, I agree a nice design can attract visitors.)

Ask a Question