SOLVED sending emails and folders

Reaction score
Hi,
I need some help with my emails. On my old system, I had it set up that when I moved an email into a specific folder and then replied, the reply email would automatically be stored in that folder. At the moment it is just going into the sent items and I am having to move the email each time. It is driving me nuts! Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Sonya

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know if we can help but without more information I know I can't. Please specify the software and version that you are using for your email (and what you used to use might be helpful as well).

Reaction score
Hi,
i am now using Window 7 the email is Outlook 2010. I used to use Windows XP version 2002 and Outlook 2003.

Thanks,

Sonya

Reaction score
It's probably no more than setting up a specific rule.
Right click on the mail in your sent items and click on create a rule. For example everything with subject "sent mail" needs to be moved to folder "saved mail".

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I do not have 2010 installed but I found this information on where you can go to set where sent items are stored...

Go to Tools>Account Settings>Email then highlight your email account and hit the Change button. This should open a window titled Change Email Account. Select More Settings (at the bottom). Click the Folders tab and you should be able to change where messages are sent.

... What I do not know is if it offers an option to just use the current folder; you will have to check. Because you can have multiple email accounts you could at the very least have each different account go to different sent folder (maybe this is what you meant?).

Reaction score
Trainable man and RonnieD, thanks so much for your replies. This morning I just managed to stumble on exactly what I needed and was directed to the location by using the information that you both gave to me.

Much appreciated!

Sonya

Ask a Question