Security Cetificate

Reaction score
I am getting this security alert "Revocation information for the Security Certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed? Yes-NO-View Certificate". I was getting this when I went to google chrome. I tried all 3 answers,Yes ,No ,and View Certificate , I even downloaded the certificate again. And I could go on line with Google ,but some sites would come up with a blank white screen. This would continue each time I went to google. But now I don't get it in Google . I get it in my E-mail program now (Windows Live Mail). But each time the Security Alert comes up this time the No and Yes answers do nothing but a chime noise. And I can't get rid of the Alert and use Windows Live Mail. So the only way to get out is Ctrl Alt Delete. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks funnnyfarm

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not absolutely sure but two ideas: your browser security settings may be set too high or you might have some sort of virus that puts up fake security messages.

I recommend making sure you don't have a virus first. Download TDSSKiller and RKill using links at the bottom of our Freeware DB. If you do not have a good anti-virus then download and install Malwarebytes as well. Then boot your computer into safe mode without networking support (reboot and hit F8 when you see "starting windows"). If it asks if you want to restore your computer or continue in safe mode choose to continue in safe mode. Run TDSSKiller, then run RKill, then run a complete virus scan. The first two shouldn't run longer than 5 minutes each but the full scan may run several hours but you don't have to be in front of your computer that whole time. Just once you see it is complete make sure it removes any viruses it finds. Reboot and post the results.

Ask a Question