SCSI Scanner

Reaction score
I have an older Microtek SCSI scanner with an Adaptec 2906 controller running in XP. I am thinking of upgrading my system to Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. Unfortunately there is no driver for the Adaptec 2906 card in Windows 7. My question is: would I be able to use this scannner under Windows 7 running in XP mode using the same controller. Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, as XPM won't allow you to load XP drivers for hardware in your machine, as it runs in a virtual environment. Hardware Virtualization isn't that advanced yet.

However, some people have had success getting this SCSI card working in Windows 7! :D I don't normally like posting links to other forums, but in this case all the information is well presented by a posted on there : http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=35074&st=0

Following those instructions may get it working for you in Windows 7. :)

Reaction score
SCSI

Thanks for your reply. I will follow up on it. While researching this matter I found out, however, that there are other Adaptec cards that Windows 7 will support. That would mean a bit of extra expense added to my upgrade.

Ask a Question