LSI Logic 22910, 21002 PCI SCSI adapter

Reaction score
I am trying to install Windows 7 on my test machine. However, I can't get it to detect any drives - three are 3 disks in the system - it is an IDE disk. When I try and install, it can't detect any disks, but when I try and install through Windows Vista, it detects them. However, then it says it needs the driver for the LSI Logic 22910, 21002 PCI SCSI adapter; 53C896 Device. Is there still a version of this, and if so, where can I get it? I have tried everywhere I can think of, including the LSI website!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you connecting your drives to a PCI card of some sort? I'm a little confused why Windows is asking for SCSI drivers for an IDE drive - do you have any SCSI drives at all?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, in the first post you said "it is an IDE disk"? Are the drives connected directly to your motherboard? If so, please post your motherboard model here and I'll see if I can find the drivers you need. :)

Reaction score
Sorry, got a bit confused - busy time for me at the mo!

My motherboard is a (pasted from BelArc Advisor): Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M61PM-S2 - it is Revision 1

Reaction score
Thankyou.

I did that, but on the Load Driver screen, it said it couldn't find a suitable driver!, hence why I got that LSI message

Ask a Question