scheduled disk scan

Reaction score
I go and tick boxes to run scheduled disk scan at next start up BUT every time I start the computer a message comes up saying that SCHEDULED DISK SCAN has been CANCELLED. I have run disk check through Windows repair, command prompt and it said that there are no errors but I don't want to have to run disk scan this way.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Open the RUN dialog box and type in:
chkntfs /t:1
and click OK. Reboot and see if that works.

Reaction score
Open the RUN dialog box and type in:
chkntfs /t:1
and click OK. Reboot and see if that works.

Hi I tried what you said to do and didn't do a thing. I put in run box and restarted computer and no change so then went and scheduled a scan disk and tried that again it still didn't work. MMMMMM back to the drawing board, surely someone must know how to fix this problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the issue is most likely caused by software you have installed but I have no way of knowing what. Best guess, optimizing software, registry cleaner, or anti-virus/anti-malware.

The other possibility is a keyboard problem because the scan can be cancelled by a key press; if your keyboard is sending a key press then that could stop it. But this is a much less likely scenario.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well the issue is most likely caused by software you have installed but I have no way of knowing what. Best guess, optimizing software, registry cleaner, or anti-virus/anti-malware.

The other possibility is a keyboard problem because the scan can be cancelled by a key press; if your keyboard is sending a key press then that could stop it. But this is a much less likely scenario.

I thought about new software BUT I haven't installed anything for quite a while so that rules that out, try putting another keyboard on and see what happens but don't think it is the keyboard, Thanks for trying to help tho

Ask a Question