Run Vista in Windows 7 Virtual PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:) Hi! can anyone tell me if you can run "Virtual PC" on Windows 7 then install Vista Ultimate as the Virtual pc?? ....only things I can find are to use it the other way round!!
Thanks
ronpeck

Reaction score
Run Virtual pc in Win7

Hi! Thanks for your reply..downloaded program will not install into win7..comes up program blocked because of compatability issues..Virtual pc 2007 is not supported on this version of windows...and then about going online for a solution etc.
went online and got the following: no solution found for virtual pc 2007..Windows will notify you when solution becomes available..

Tried just clicking on exe file also trouble shooting etc. same result

:) Thanks anyway

Reaction score
Run Virual pc in Win7

Tried both without success..that one also the one you gave first..:)Thanks anyway..I take it that you have tried the other program you mention with win7?..I have been putting too much time into Win7 but am interested if it will run all my programs..still no work around for "Paritech's DataDirector2 progam" which I have to have for my share portfolio and that is why I am looking at the Virtual idea.. will be trying it the other way round..Vista_then win7 as the one in Virtual..all very interesting but costs a lot of time!!:confused:

Reaction score
Ian

:)Hi! Ian
Have installed Virtual Box..up and running..one thing though how do you copy files from one system to the other? Can you install a program in VM and then import files from the Host?
Thank you,
Ronpeck

Reaction score
:) Hi! can anyone tell me if you can run "Virtual PC" on Windows 7 then install Vista Ultimate as the Virtual pc?? ....only things I can find are to use it the other way round!!
Thanks
ronpeck
You can run Linux in multiple flavors and basically any OS compatible with your OS as a virtual machine. I believe you can even run OS2.

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for your reply..downloaded program will not install into win7..comes up program blocked because of compatability issues..Virtual pc 2007 is not supported on this version of windows...and then about going online for a solution etc.
went online and got the following: no solution found for virtual pc 2007..Windows will notify you when solution becomes available..

Tried just clicking on exe file also trouble shooting etc. same result

:) Thanks anyway
Your processor has to allow virtualization.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ibrahimshah, if you are pleased with a post then click the "Thanks" button under it, rather than resurrecting an old thread by posting a message. This thread is over 2 years old! I will be closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question