Rotate Video Fewer Than 90 Degrees?

Reaction score
I have an audition video I need to clean up a bit. One of the things I need to do to make this appear less hack-ish is rotate one portion of the video about 10 degrees. In Movie Maker, 90 degrees is all I can find for an adjustment. Is there a secret handshake kind of fine tuning rotation tool I don't know about?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The truth is, to do what you want the software would have to be able to pick out a smaller window in order to still have a rectangular picture with data in all corners and then it would have to re-render the entire film frame-by-frame to that specification. That is hardly a simple process. IMO Movie maker is low-end video editing and I doubt seriously it has an option to do what you want.

To try to explain better, this is just a still shot of a program I was watching. It was already correct so I rotated it just a mere 3 degrees and now I have all that white space on each corner. Since yours wasn't correct the white would be at the opposite angles but the effect is the same. And that just wouldn't do, so not only would it have to rotate but then it would have to make the frame smaller to eradicate any white, see the red window as an example of what would have to be done after the rotate.
Rotate3deg.jpg

Now once the angle and smaller frame size were set, then as I mentioned it would have to perform this action on each and every frame of your video. I'm sure there is software that can do it for Hollywood etc but not likely in Movie Maker.

Ask a Question