Revert to Windows XP

Reaction score
Ok, I did the worst thing ever when installing Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 on my main PC. Of course I loved it and it's the best operational system I ever had. But I need XP back before the beta ends (this week)!! So I need to backup my files (music, saved game files, pictures, documents, etc) to use it again in Windows XP, when I reinstall it. To sum up guys, I need support on:

> How to backup my data to an external HDD correctly (Win7).
> How to uninstall Windows 7 Build 7000;
> How to install Windows XP after uninstalling Win7 7000 and restore my files.

Currently, I'm copying the files manually as I got an error while using Backup and Restore. PLEASE HELP MEE!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a reason you don't want to move to the RC instead of using the Beta? That doesn't expire for many months to come :)

Reaction score
I'm kind of afraid, when the time comes I'll have to do this all over again. Also, anyway I'll have to install everything again so I prefer going back to XP. :x

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
The RC is much more stable! Just download it and download MagicDisc. Then mount the image and select "Upgrade Install" from the windows that pops up.

About installing XP... How big is your hard drive? You might be able to create a partition and dual boot, it's really easy. I'm tri booting! :lol: Windows 7, Windows XP, and Mac OS X Leopard!

Ask a Question