SOLVED Restored files don't open

Reaction score
Hello (once again, unfortunately),

I finally found a great program that i can find and restore an old file that would make my life better if i could ever use again. I would like to ask two things for all that restore and overwriting situation. Basically i installed windows on the hard drive that has the file that i want to restore. Can i still restore the files after a install all however called? (sorry for noob question). Second, i was able to restore a few others files i need so much, but as i was in a rush i installed the restore program in the same hard drive as the files i wanted to restore. So i restored the files but i get error when i try to open. Those files are some .avi and some other are autodesk 3ds max design (.max) files that i have putted more than 100 hours working on these models..So basically why don't they open properly and what can i do about it..

Thanks a lot (once again),
Alex

Reaction score
well anyways never mind about that. I am saying that i reinstalled the OS on the drive i want to recover a few files. I have a recover software but it didn't find that file..is that because it is overwritten after the format? is there any other way to recover that file?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Never write anything to a drive containing info you hope to recover. It was likely overwritten.

Ask a Question