SOLVED Remove Windows7 color profile?

Reaction score
"Somehow" I have entered sRGB as my Windows7 color space. Anyone know how I remove this? TIA Kaypo

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Kaypo, welcome to the forum! I don't quite understand what's happened to your color space, but have you tried System Restore? It can correct a lot of mistakes, it's saved the day for me more than once. You should be able to restore to a recent date. Should you need further assistance, post back. There may be other answers.

Reaction score
Thanks catilley ...Unfortunately machine is a couple of days old and no backup. Running it now but just too late, to help here I'm afraid.
Thanks anyhow ...Kaypo

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There's no restore points on it at all? Usually, before an update there is one. You would just have to update again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel, Display, Screen Resolution, Advanced Settings, Color Management tab, Color Management button, you can then adjust from there.

Reaction score
I found the option under ...wait for it ... surprise, surprise ....... Color Management.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Kapyo, glad to hear you found your problem. Should you need help again, always feel free to return. We're open 24/7, 365 days a year.:top:

Reaction score
First of all you need to remove a color profile then change the default color profile for one of your devices then you need to change the system default color settings for a specific device for all users on the computer and then change your default rendering intent or color space default.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
huh, green?

You may think you thought you understood what you thought I said but what you may not realize is what I said is not neccessarily what I meant.

mi no comprende. but I think he already found his solution anyway, I think he just never marked this thread resolved.

Ask a Question