SOLVED Remove Java Control Panel Applet

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I've never used the Java Control Panel shortcut in my life. I only put up with Java because some sites (or even sights :D) require it to be installed to view the pages properly. As soon as I've ever had(?) to install Java I always run JavaRa to delete the "old files, useless files, Auto-Update Manager and the Auto-StartUp entries", so the control panel applet is to me then pretty useless.

(This worked for me)

So now to get rid of it.

Backing up your registry before any modification is always good practice

Open the registry and navigate your way to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{4299124F-F2C3-41b4-9C73-9236B2AD0E8F}
Export / Back it up and then delete the key.

Now open your Control Panel. Has it gone?? If yes, GOOD!

If it's still showing but is now called Java (32 bit), re-open the registry and navigate your way to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ControlPanelWOW64\NameSpace\{4299124F-F2C3-41b4-9C73-9236B2AD0E8F}
Export / Back it up and then delete the key. Now re-open your Control Panel. YIPPEE!! Another one bites the dust!!

If this has already been posted, my appopoligetics. I did do a search first!!

Reaction score
I've never used the Java Control Panel shortcut in my life. I only put up with Java because some sites (or even sights :D) require it to be installed to view the pages properly. As soon as I've ever had(?) to install Java I always run JavaRa to delete the "old files, useless files, Auto-Update Manager and the Auto-StartUp entries", so the control panel applet is to me then pretty useless.

(This worked for me)

So now to get rid of it.

Backing up your registry before any modification is always good practice

Open the registry and navigate your way to

Export / Back it up and then delete the key.

Now open your Control Panel. Has it gone?? If yes, GOOD!

If it's still showing but is now called Java (32 bit), re-open the registry and navigate your way to

Export / Back it up and then delete the key. Now re-open your Control Panel. YIPPEE!! Another one bites the dust!!

If this has already been posted, my appopoligetics. I did do a search first!!
Dude, how can i make my way in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{429912 4F-F2C3-41b4-9C73-9236B2AD0E8F}

I dont know how to do that one. Hahaha :)))

Reaction score
saijah,

Very simply, just click start menu, run, type regedit in the search box....

Ask a Question