Record/Playback Internet TV

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a way to record and then later playback TV shows that are available over the Internet? Such as Bones, CSI, NCIS, etc. I watch previous episodes of these shows now via the internet on MY schedule. But I am getting some lag, stutter, etc. now when I play these. Thought if I can save them maybe can get a smoother replay.

Would like to be able to save a show to my hard drive and play it back later. Seems like all the programs and software that I find will record from a tv signal and needs a tuner adaptor. But, why not just record the shows I can already get via my broadband connection without using the tv cable connection? Is that possible? Or is it a problem due to codecs and anti-piracy issues?

Media Center has an option to record from Live TV but not from the Internet. At least that is what I have found so far. May be another option I am not aware of. Live TV recording requires a tuner adaptor.

Thanks in advance for any possible solutions.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Galtha48, welcome to the forums :)

What are you using to playback these episides, is it some sort of in-browser video clip? You should be able to adjust your buffer settings on most types of in-browser players, which would go a long way towards improving streaming.

Someone else from the US may be able to suggest a way that you can download the videos, as I'm not familiar with the TV streaming sites in the States. I know that in the UK we have an option to download or stream videos from all of the major TV providers, so there may be something similar on the other side of the pond. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There's always Hulu to view shows on, you can watch them at your convenience for free, 24/7.

Ask a Question