Rebooting/Restarting

Reaction score
Well, my computer restarts without any pattern/reason that i could think off.

This has been going on generally for months.
This is a new computer that was bought in the end of September and it came with this problem when I bought it.
Was bought with windows xp, which was upgraded to vista and then to windows 7.
None of the operating system upgrades helped, but for a few months changing the graphics card did.
Specs:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
RAM - 4096 MBytes Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P31-ES3G (Socket 775) Intel P35/G33/G31 Chipset
Hard Drivers - 750GB SAMSUNG HD753LJ ATA Device
Optical Drivers - HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20 ATA Devices
Audio - ATI High Definition Audio Device

A few weeks back the restarts started again and just changing the graphic card this time didn't help. It went as bad as restarting once per minute. PER MINUTE.

The automatic restarts have been turned off.
This computer has been to the repairs more then my old one did in 5 years.
The next thing we will change is the motherboard.

Computer hasn't restarted in a hour so far, but each time I try to call someone on skype it ...lets me be on the call for a few minutes... and then restarts.
It restarts when I try to play world of warcraft, movies and what not. It sounds like the graphic card, but it's not. That's just today.

It started all over again a few weeks ago, then my dear repair guy reinstalled some drivers and it worked for a week. System restores don't work, but it doesn't make me stop trying.

I have ran every possible virus scan I can think of.
Reinstalled every program.
All kinds of system repairs.

I'm down to thinking it's either the power or system updates.
This is a rain of terror and It doesn't have a pattern.
Please help..'

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Wubbly, welcome to the forums! You said that this computer was bought around the end of September. Does it have a warranty? There may be some that I'm unaware of, but every new computer that I've seen has at least a one year warranty. You also said that it was doing this out of the box. Did you call the seller and explain this? I don't know how to fix your problem, but you do need to get in touch with the seller or the company who built it. And never spend a cent trying to repair a new item such as a computer. Good luck, and I hope that you get this problem resolved quickly.

Reaction score
The shop we bought it from is paying for all the repairs and anything we need. Orders all the parts, ect.

So it is all free just none has an idea what's wrong with it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Wubbly

Tell the shop you will accept the next system up for your trouble ;)

Reaction score
Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip the contents there. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip. This way, we could likely see what is the cause or a range of possible causes.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Wubbly

Just click Start and put Minidump in Search then click CrashMinidump at the top of search.

Reaction score
In this case, the best advice I can give is to get a genuine copy of the operating system instead of one you "found" online. The one you "found" online is messed up.

Reaction score
I didn't 'find' it online.
I bought it from a store in a box, just like the rest of you.

Do you really think I would come here with torrented windows 7?
Look, my computer restarted before even having windows 7, so it might not even be it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question