Reboot after waking from suspend

Reaction score
Hi all! I just installed the beta on a notebook. Everything works fine except for one thing. If my notebook wakes from suspend the screen comes up to log-in but within seconds the screen turns black and my notebook reboots and comes back with an error (start in save mode or start......)
Any thoughts?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi dressie, welcome to the site!

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? A few users had problems with suspend mode with Beta 1 and other early builds. If you are using one of these versions I'd try the RC that comes out in a few days time.

Reaction score
Hi dressie, welcome to the site!

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? A few users had problems with suspend mode with Beta 1 and other early builds. If you are using one of these versions I'd try the RC that comes out in a few days time.
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm using build 7100 at the moment. It seems to work fine most of the time, perhaps it could be a hardware problem although it never did that with Vista.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could you post the error message you get, and take a look in the event logs to see if there are any other error messages you can post here please? It could be that an item of hardware doesn't function properly in suspend mode with your current drivers - any error message indicating what caused the crash will help :)

Reaction score
I found the problem to the BSOD. It appears that the WLAN driver was making the pc crash. Instead of using the Microsoft driver I rolled back to the manufacture driver. Since then no more crashes. It does tell us that new drivers doesn't always mean that it will work better.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news dressie :) Thanks for posting back with the solution!

Reaction score
Great news dressie :) Thanks for posting back with the solution!
Anytime! For anybody's info, I have the Atheros AR5008X WLAN card. It's best to stick to the 7.6.0.154 version for Vista and 7.

Ask a Question