random BSODs

Reaction score
Hello,

In the past few months, I was getting something like a BSOD, but not a real BSOD. My PC would just freeze and I would get stripes on my display. I always wanted to look into the Minidumps, but there were none of them even though Minidumps were enabled.
Now, in the past few days, I am getting real BSODs where my PC crashes and just restarts without a stripe pattern or something else. These BSODs delivered me Minidumps which I will attach here.

I also noticed something awkward with my RAM. When I set up my PC, my RAM was in Duall Channel with 1333 MHz clock. But now, Speccy and CPU-Z show me that my RAM is in Single Channel with 667 MHz.
I already used Memtest86+ for about 7 hours without any error.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

It appears that the problems relate to your video card.

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800f0d929c, fffff8800bb77950, 0}
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+b129c )
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800f0e229c, fffff8800bd20950, 0}
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800f0cf29c, fffff88006d35950, 0}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800f0e629c, fffff8800e906950, 0}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f0f3dbb, fffff880065db228, fffff880065daa80}
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )
I prefer hwInfo for hardware information it seems to provide a good amount of information in an easily read format.
  1. Download hwInfo and run it.
    • Click on "Save Report"
    • Make sure the Export Format is HTML
    • Click "Browse" and select your "Desktop"
    • Give the file a name like MyComputer or your Forum username.
    • Click on Save
    • Click on "Next".
    • Click on "Finish"
    • Put the newly created MyComputer.html (Or what ever you decided to call it) in to a zip file and upload it to the forum.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I would suggest that you ensure that the onboard video is disabled.

Looking at the configuration information I can see that you have the latest AMD video driver, so I would suggest that you try the older 13.1 driver found HERE. For some reason most people find it to the the most stable driver.

So the best thing to do is uninstall ALL the AMD programs, reboot, then only install the drivers, not the other optional software.

Once you have stability you can try the newer version of the driver.
Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
I did as you told me, but I just got another "BSOD" a few minutes ago. My PC just freezed without showing me a real Bluescreen.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I see that your using a 2012 driver for the Saitek R.A.T mouse. I had a look around, there doesn't seem to be a newer version.

Do you have a standard USB mouse?

What I would suggest is that you use the standard USB mouse for 4 days and see if you get any freezing.

Let us know how you go.

Ask a Question