Race Driver: Grid issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I get occasional lag, maybe once or twice per lap. It's a little annoying although not a huge big deal. Apparantly Vista users fixed the problem by updating to Vista SP1.

Not sure how that'll help us though.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Same problem here under Windows 7 64bit

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R SLI
i7 920 @ 3.6ghz
3x2gb OCZ Gold XTC
PowerColor 4870
OCZ StealthXtreme 600w

Reaction score
Same problem here

Asus M3A78pro
AMD Phenom 2 955 Quad
4GB Corsair Ram
Palit ATI 4850 (512mb)
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
Win 7 Pro 64

Hey on the strength of a Commonality --- we all have ATI cards do we not ... Game or Driver issue then???

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Same problem here

Asus M3A78pro
AMD Phenom 2 955 Quad
4GB Corsair Ram
Palit ATI 4850 (512mb)
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
Win 7 Pro 64

Hey on the strength of a Commonality --- we all have ATI cards do we not ... Game or Driver issue then???
Do you all have the latest drivers and CCC ? not forgetting Overdrive.

Reaction score
Do you all have the latest drivers and CCC ? not forgetting Overdrive.
For my part the machine is a January install with the latest ATI suite etc etc ..... There used to be a minor lag under vista but nothing this bad.

However - looking at the version of the game I'm running patch 1.2 there are two further releases after this. Going try the latest patches and will feed back guys ..

Ad

Advertisements

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I'm not running that game myself but its a good idea to use all resources available :)

Reaction score
Same Here Win7 x64 And SSD, Had a play around and if your not worried about the re-play after a race this works!

1. find C:\Programdata\Codemasters\GRID\DataCache\username\Replay

2. In this folder create a file called Replay.pbf and make it read only

that should do it :) make sure u show hidden files&Folders else you wont see ProgramData folder and don`t forget to show file extensions in windows so you don`t endup with Replay.txt.pbf!!!

Give it a shot mine runs silky smooth now :)))

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
2. In this folder create a file called Replay.pbf and make it read only, that should do it :) make sure u show hidden files&Folders else you wont see ProgramData folder and don`t forget to show file extensions in windows so you don`t endup with Replay.txt.pbf!!! Give it a shot mine runs silky smooth now :)))

Applying Windows XP-SP2 compatibility to "grid.exe" (and Logitech Gaming...lgs.exe) seemed to help immeasurably (I use Win7). Also, in Bonus Codes, turn off "damage" (Turn 'No Damage' on.) I also turn off particles, wind, etc.

Ad

Advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question