Race Driver: Grid issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I get occasional lag, maybe once or twice per lap. It's a little annoying although not a huge big deal. Apparantly Vista users fixed the problem by updating to Vista SP1.

Not sure how that'll help us though.

Reaction score
Same problem here under Windows 7 64bit

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R SLI
i7 920 @ 3.6ghz
3x2gb OCZ Gold XTC
PowerColor 4870
OCZ StealthXtreme 600w

Reaction score
Same problem here

Asus M3A78pro
AMD Phenom 2 955 Quad
4GB Corsair Ram
Palit ATI 4850 (512mb)
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
Win 7 Pro 64

Hey on the strength of a Commonality --- we all have ATI cards do we not ... Game or Driver issue then???

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Same problem here

Asus M3A78pro
AMD Phenom 2 955 Quad
4GB Corsair Ram
Palit ATI 4850 (512mb)
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
500GB Seagate Sata II hd
Win 7 Pro 64

Hey on the strength of a Commonality --- we all have ATI cards do we not ... Game or Driver issue then???
Do you all have the latest drivers and CCC ? not forgetting Overdrive.

Reaction score
Do you all have the latest drivers and CCC ? not forgetting Overdrive.
For my part the machine is a January install with the latest ATI suite etc etc ..... There used to be a minor lag under vista but nothing this bad.

However - looking at the version of the game I'm running patch 1.2 there are two further releases after this. Going try the latest patches and will feed back guys ..

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I'm not running that game myself but its a good idea to use all resources available :)

Reaction score
Same Here Win7 x64 And SSD, Had a play around and if your not worried about the re-play after a race this works!

1. find C:\Programdata\Codemasters\GRID\DataCache\username\Replay

2. In this folder create a file called Replay.pbf and make it read only

that should do it :) make sure u show hidden files&Folders else you wont see ProgramData folder and don`t forget to show file extensions in windows so you don`t endup with Replay.txt.pbf!!!

Give it a shot mine runs silky smooth now :)))

Last edited:
Reaction score
2. In this folder create a file called Replay.pbf and make it read only, that should do it :) make sure u show hidden files&Folders else you wont see ProgramData folder and don`t forget to show file extensions in windows so you don`t endup with Replay.txt.pbf!!! Give it a shot mine runs silky smooth now :)))

Applying Windows XP-SP2 compatibility to "grid.exe" (and Logitech Gaming...lgs.exe) seemed to help immeasurably (I use Win7). Also, in Bonus Codes, turn off "damage" (Turn 'No Damage' on.) I also turn off particles, wind, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question