Program not compatible with 64-bit system

Reaction score
I am attempting to install Image-In which runs well on 32-bit W-XP. I have tried compatibility mode, but I still get the "This program is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. ..." It appears that the company, CPI, INC may no longer be in business.

JMT

Reaction score
taylorjm

I think you are trying to run a 32 bit software on a 64 bit system. Most of 32 bit apps will run on 64 bit.But no 64 apps will run on 32 bit.

Sometimes the file you are trying to open maybe a 16 bit file.Only 32 bit systems can run 16 bit.(Windows 98 is a 16 bit-32 bit crossover which can run both)

What OS are you running?
check that it is 32 bit or 64 bit?

Is this the complete error message

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows
you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether
you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then
contact the software publisher.

If this is not the message give it in your next post

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It may be very old 16-bit software which usually runs on 32-bit machines but it will not run in native 64-bit. If the company is out of business then it may be time to consider a new product or you may need to run it in a 32-bit virtual window. See our section on Virtualization in our Freeware DB.

Unfortunately I can't offer any more than that because I can't seem to find anything about Image-In when I run a search.

Ask a Question