Preview W7 taskbar icons

Reaction score
I cannot see the preview thumbnails on the W7 taskbar when I hover the mouse over the icon that should show a preview of the web pages that are open. All I see is a title of the web page and a placeholder.

I looked at "Preview an open window on the desktop using Aero Peek" in help file but no joy. Any suggestions?:dontknow:

Reaction score
They will only show a preview if a window is open for that icon to view. Open up IE and got to your favorite site then hover mouse over icon, you should see a preview. Now if you want to know what's been happening with those icons in task-bar, right click and it will show you a list of frequently used items and so on.

Last edited:

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Pinned programs that aren't running processes at that time won't show as bassfisher is saying, but running processes displayed as buttons on the taskbar will show an aero peek thumbnail. You need to have Aero peek enabled as well.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for answers. I opened 6 web pages all using a new window or tab. I hover mousse over the Internet Explorer icon on task bar and a list of the widows titles show up but no thumbnails.

If you go to Help and Support on Start menu and type in thumbnail preview you get as an item "Preview an open window on the desktop using Aero Peek" click on that and that shows the thumbnails I am asking about.

I did a search and find nothing about Aero Peek??
Patti

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Check out the answers HERE.

If you know it is turned on as explained in the link to the tutorial then I would try that other answer about turning it off, cleaning the cache, then turning it on again.

Ask a Question