Plz some1 help backing up from my network

Reaction score
hello there im new to this forum ive been tryin to restore all my files and setiings from a w7 image i backed up 2 months ago i have the image on my pc which has 1tb hd thing is when i try to find it it keeps asking me for a username and password which i havent got as i dont have 1 made up everything is shared the image is 271gb as all my games and drivers etc ive tryed everthing i have xp pro installed on the pc im useing a 2009 unibody mbp bootcamp took me months to get all the correct drivers for my games to run doin my nut in lol any 1 know way round this where i dont have to put in a username and password i can see the image an everything else on my loptop threw my network just dont understand it at all i dont have a portable hard drive any help would be very very GREATFULL thank u in advance ppl

im wanting to know is there i way to restore from a network image without being asked for the username and password when my loptop restarts after i put in the correct path from where the windows 7 image is sorry for the long post
regards john

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
When you installed Windows 7 a while back, if you selected Home Network option, it gave you a user name and password for accessing it via other computers.

Some people just keep clicking away and don't notice it or remember to write the stuff down. I hope you'll be able to get this rectified as 271 GB is a hell of a lot of stuff to not be able to access.

Reaction score
just what u said there m8 i just kept clicking away is there away round this i remember the yellow box cumin up and saying to write the password down but i think its asking me for the user name and pw for my xp pro pc not sure ive transfered the image from my pc to my desktop gonna try get the funds up to buy an externel hd try it from that i have all passwords etc turned off on my network had enough lol thanks for the reply my friend

Ask a Question