Photoshop 5 in Windows 7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Windows 7 with photoshop 5 plus upgrades

I understand this will only work on 32 bit, as I have already installed Windows 7 64 bit, can I install 32 bit without starting afresh with files, progams etc
Hope someone can advise me
Thank you
Patricia

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You can't "downgrade" from x64 to 32-bit w/o custom (clean) install.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Windows 7 with photoshop 5 plus upgrades

I understand this will only work on 32 bit, as I have already installed Windows 7 64 bit, can I install 32 bit without starting afresh with files, progams etc
Hope someone can advise me
Thank you
Patricia
Yes, you should be able to run Photoshop with no issues on 64 bit Windows 7.

There are very few 32 bit programs that won't install on the 64 bit Windows.

However, if you Windows 7 32 bit you'll have to do a clean install and reload all your programs, files, etc.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.When trying to install photoshop 5 I get a window pop up saying " This version is not compatable with the version of windows you're running".I hav‏e e-mailed Adobe about 3 weeks ago and had no reply. I have also installed WinINSTALL LE MSI Packager but can't understand that one. Also I would really like to stay with 64 bit. It's putting the blockers on my photography as I have used Photoshop for years and had worked up to CS3 with upgrades.It's worked wit XP and Vista.
Once again thanks for help
Patricia

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You might try right-click on the installer and go to: Properties then Compatibility tab and choose: Run this program - XP Service Pack 2 or 3 and see if that works.

Reaction score
I once installed Photoshop 5.02 (with upgrade) on XP. Then dragged the folder over to my portable hard drive. I could run it without reinstalling on other computers - with little issue. Something I can't do with newer versions of Photoshop.

I was not able to get the install cd to work. But using compatibility mode on the exe of a photoshop 5 folder that was once installed, seemed to work for me. There is a missing dll alert on start up, but other than that it seems to run just fine on windows 7 64 bit.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you talking about Adobe Photoshop CS5 ? It is compatible with 32 & 64-bit.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...en-us&type=Software&s=Photoshop CS5&os=64-bit

If you are referring to a different product please specify manufacturer and full name/version.

Most 32-bit software will run under a 64-bit environment. Sometimes they will say a very old program will only run under a 32-bit OS because the application is actually 16-bit. Windows 64-bit will run 64 and 32, 32-bit will run 32 and 16, natively. Otherwise you may want to consider running it in a Virtual environment rather than downgrading with a fresh install of 32-bit W7. See several Virtualization options HERE.

Reaction score
Photoshop 5.0

What you do is on your old computer where its working go to Program files and copy the Photoshop 5.0 program onto a usb then ***this is very important*** go to search and type in *.dll and sort the results by folder and you will a group of 10 in C:\windows. Copy these onto the usb also.

you are looking for icccodes.dll-jestertb.dll-kpcp32.dllkpsys32.dll-pcdlip32.dll-pfpick32.dll-sprof32.dll-twain.dlltwain_32.dll-vmmreg32.dll

Then create a folder in your new windows 7 computer in the Program Files and copy this lot in, the program and the dll's and that's it.

in the shortcut icon go to compatibility and chech XP mode

This works on my Win 7 Pro 64bit

Reaction score
I once installed Photoshop 5.02 (with upgrade) on XP. Then dragged the folder over to my portable hard drive. I could run it without reinstalling on other computers - with little issue. Something I can't do with newer versions of Photoshop.

I was not able to get the install cd to work. But using compatibility mode on the exe of a photoshop 5 folder that was once installed, seemed to work for me. There is a missing dll alert on start up, but other than that it seems to run just fine on windows 7 64 bit.
This actually works, i.e drag the Adobe 5 program file from an XP machine to a flash drive (it can actually run under protest from the flash drive) and then from there to the Windows 7 64 bit hard drive (program files). When you first start Adobe from the application file, it will again protest something like: "Can't run the program missing file PCDLIB32.dll. This can be ignored and the program runs fine. If you want to get rid of the message anyway, find the PCDLIB32.dll file somewhere else. I found it in a Corel photopaint program. Copy the file and paste it into the Adobe Photoshop folder and the message is gone. Then you can create a shortcut with the adobe application start file and you have effectively the same situation as in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question