Partitioning a Primary Hard Drive

Reaction score
hey all,

i just got my new PC, and i have Win 7 home premuim.. but the problem that i got the HD as one partion, so i want to make at leat 3 partions. could you help me on that without using any software!!!, or i have to

regard's

Reaction score
Hi alrahal - Welcome to w7forums

Look in "Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Computer Management >> Disk Management". From there you can shrink a partition without damaging the files. That will clear space for a new partition.

There are also freeware applications that you can use instead. If you prefer everyone can give you advice as to their favorite. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The one in Windows 7 will be fine. Make sure beforehand to create a restore point, in case you change your mind, or if something doesn't go as planned. If you don't to use that one, there are many free ones, GParted is a popular one. Welcome to the forums, alrahal! Come back whenever you want, should you need anything, that's what we're here for.

Ask a Question