Off topic, but-----

Reaction score
I figure I can get a good answer here.

I received a bonus at work, and want to build a new puter based on the i7 chipset. I just wonder why the 950 is cheaper than the 940??? All specs are the same except the chip speed. I mean a big difference in price. Oh I will be using Win 7 for sure.

Thanks for any input.

MadDad

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I figure I can get a good answer here.

I received a bonus at work, and want to build a new puter based on the i7 chipset. I just wonder why the 950 is cheaper than the 940??? All specs are the same except the chip speed. I mean a big difference in price. Oh I will be using Win 7 for sure.

Thanks for any input.

MadDad
Can't answer your question directly but go for the 950 if it is that much cheaper. You won't be disappointed.
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,687490/Intel-Core-i7-950-reviewed/Reviews/

Reaction score
I think $300 vs $560 is big diff. Just don't understand it, but should get one before they run out.

Reaction score
The 950 is cheaper than the 940 because the 940 is no longer made, so you're observing an "obscurity markup" as it were. Get the Core i7 950.

Ask a Question