Note Tab Light in Windows 7 Problems

Reaction score
I have used Note Tab Light in XP and it worked very fast when loading html pages into it through the dialog box. Not only is loading the text files slow, but populating the dialog box is slow as well in 7. According to the Notetab Light site, it is compatible with Windows 7, but I must say it doesn't seem to be completely compatible. My folder contains over 3,000 files, but never did I have this kind of trouble with it in XP.

When I open up the dialog box, all the files aren't there right away, you have to wait. In checking my CPU usage, it skyrockets up to 100% and stays there until the function has complete. It was never this slow in XP.

My wife has a dual core processor, compare to my 2.4GHz processor and ever her CPU usage was about 59% on both cores. A lot of CPU usage!

Anyone have any ideas about this issue? Is there perhaps some setting in Windows 7 that would help the software perform without sucking up so much of the CPU? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi threerandot

3,000 files in one folder depending on the view (see picture) could use quite a bit of your system resources.

Reaction score
Perhaps I have phrased myself badly. I have used this program on XP with large amounts of files and didn't have a slowdown issue like I am now in Windows 7. What I would like to know is if the problem is Windows 7, or if the software is simply not fully compatible with Windows 7. I am assuming the latter myself.

Reaction score
I'm running NoteTab Standard 6. After installing Win7 poor old Note Tab can't seem to reload my open files after a cold boot. I did config it to do this.

Could my CCleaner be emptying the cache? Is AVG preventing Note Tab from storing the file list?

Thanks,

grams

Ask a Question