SOLVED Norton Antivirus & Internet Security 2012 19.5.0.145 released late Friday night

Reaction score
Symantec released NAV & NIS 19.5.0.145 late last night. It has a issue in this new version with scanning your Facebook wall. After you login, you get a Norton error page instead of it scanning your Facebook wall. Numerous people had the same issue, according to the Symantec forums. I found it and reported it on the forum and then contacted there online chat. The tech had the same error message in IE 9, Firefox 9.01 and Opera 11.61 on my pc. Be forewarned to get this update, you're going to have 3 seperate restart your pc updates on top of the 3 prior ones Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Reaction score
I tried BitDefender Internet Security 2012 trial a whil back. There were 2 things that I didn't like about it. 1. It slowed down startup times and 2. There isn't a way to schedule any scans. Anyway I've now got about 1 3/4 years left on Norton. Each time you use their Online Chat, they add time to your subscription. There's also a problem with it's Identity Safe in the new update. I have experienced it, as I never configured it. I use Roboform Desktop.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I tried BitDefender Internet Security 2012 trial a whil back. There were 2 things that I didn't like about it. 1. It slowed down startup times and 2. There isn't a way to schedule any scans.
You are correct that Bit Defender will slow start-up time, but that is easily disabled if you know where to go to in the "Settings" tab.

There is a way to schedule scans, because I had it enabled when I used it. In addition, there are about 3 options of scans to choose from plus a customized scan.

Reaction score
Nibs, when I tried the 2012 version a few month's back, their support even said there wasn't a way to schedule scans. That's what kept me from buying it.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
The only reason I am able to think of regarding the scheduling issue is that you were using a trial version, which may have had that disabled.

Upon further review, their website stated that they use a 'continuous scan' feature, which according to them makes scheduled scans unnecessary. Well, that sucks! I don't like it when a company presumes that certain important features are not available to the end-user.

There's a LOT of static on the Bit Defender forum website regarding this issue.

I have F-Secure Internet Security and it is probably the best AV/IS I've had the pleasure of using. It just works!

Reaction score
That's exactly why I got NIS 2012. It was the only other current option that rated high. Mcafee is like the old Norton pre-2009 era, Eset and the rest apparently didn't rate well on protection or cleanup.

Reaction score
Norton fixed everything that was wrong with the update yesterday. In the morning there was a update for making Safe Web and Identity Safe. There was also a fix in there to make them work in Firefox 10. In the evening another update fixed error messages showing up in Word and the Facebook Wall Scannerr was fixed. Everything work's perfectly now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Symantc fixed Norton Internet Security 2012 & Norton Antivirus 2019.5.0.145 yesterday

Symantec put out 2 updates yesterday morning & last nght for Norton Internet Security 19.5.0.14 & Norton Antivirus 2012 19.5.0.145 . It now work's with Firefox 10. Safe Web. Identity Safe and the Norton Toolbar all now work in FF 10. They also fixed issues with error messages when opening Word 2003 & 2007 documents. The Facebook Wall Scanner was also fixed.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did not see a need for another thread, and since Norton is paid software they don't need another free hit in a search engine, so I merged your last post.

I have Norton for a few more months till it runs out. Then I will find an AV that is truly 64-bit; Norton is not and therefore it leaves 64-bit browsers vulnerable !

Reaction score
Actually, I put something about it on that post, too. However I made te new post, because it's specifically about the fix. I figured more people that use it would visit that one. Not my first post.

Ask a Question