no sound

Reaction score
hi guys i am new to the forum and hoping you can help me?
i have windows vista with a win 7 upgrade, i have done a reinstall of vista and reinstalled win 7, i have no sound from speakers cd headphones, i have updated all windows updates and for my sound card realtek, its a medion pc.
i had this problem when i first bought vista and updates worked after a while!
can anyone help
mark

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
i have windows vista with a win 7 upgrade, i have done a reinstall of vista and reinstalled win 7
You could have just done a clean install of Windows 7 without having to mess with installing Vista. The so-called "Upgrade" installs have been causing a lot of problems for the end-user. Not right away, but usually within a couple of weeks or so.

You CAN do a FULL clean install with the Windows 7 Upgrade disc. Your systems will run much better too.

Go here to see the Tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media

For your sound issue download the driver and see if that works, if not go to the Control Panel and see if in the Sound section the Realtek device is showing up. In the Playback section, right-click in the window and click the "Show Disabled Devices" it may show up there.

Ask a Question