no sound with realtek high def driver

Reaction score
i hav realtek high def driver but no sound it went the other day and iv tried everything to get it back anyone got anyidea?

on the little speaker icon on task bar it sais no audio output devise is installed
when i troubleshoot the problem it sais audio devise is disabled

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to the Control Panel, then Sound, in the window that pops up right-click and choose: Show Disabled Devices. Left-click on the correct device and then right-click to "Enable".

That should do it for you. Also check in Control Panel that the Realtek HD Audio Manager is showing.

Reaction score
Go to the Control Panel, then Sound, in the window that pops up right-click and choose: Show Disabled Devices. Left-click on the correct device and then right-click to "Enable".

That should do it for you. Also check in Control Panel that the Realtek HD Audio Manager is showing.

ok most of them are enabled here the ones that arnt

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shots, these help a lot!

You'll notice that the Sounds windows shows the Avnex Virtual Audio Device with a stepped blue bar to the right. That needs to show on your Speakers (Realtek High Definiton Audio) icon too. You might try disabling the Avnex and then making sure the Realtek has the stepped blue bar. If that bar is not showing, then your speakers won't work, even if the green check is showing.

Keep us posted. :cool:

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shots, these help a lot!

You'll notice that the Sounds windows shows the Avnex Virtual Audio Device with a stepped blue bar to the right. That needs to show on your Speakers (Realtek High Definiton Audio) icon too. You might try disabling the Avnex and then making sure the Realtek has the stepped blue bar. If that bar is not showing, then your speakers won't work, even if the green check is showing.

Keep us posted. :cool:
ok just got back now gona have ago

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I don't use Teamviewer... what exactly is Avnex Virtual Audio? I believe that's your problem. What is it used for and did it come pre-installed on your computer.

Looks like its for notebook computers mostly. Never heard of this software to be honest with you.

Reaction score
I don't use Teamviewer... what exactly is Avnex Virtual Audio? I believe that's your problem. What is it used for and did it come pre-installed on your computer.

Looks like its for notebook computers mostly. Never heard of this software to be honest with you.

i never heared of it till you told me lol and this aint a notbook pc

Reaction score
Welcome to AVnex
AVNex have been designing and providing audio, video and cabling systems for homes since 2001. Our core product is the Nexus - a multi-room audio and video system using CAT5 cable and allows you to watch listen to and control all of your audiovisual equipment from any TV or speakers in a building. We also integrate lighting, automation, control and security systems to provide you with a complete service, which we aim to tailor to your requirements and budget. Please go ahead and browse and if you have any questions contact Alan Martin on 0845 4582505
First off I am not familiar with the AVNex system. The below comments are my opinion after viewing their website.

It seems AVNex is designed to take over your audio system so it can be controlled by remote. If you are not using this system, then it would be to your best advantage to remove the AVNex from your system.

I think it would be safe to say if you don't have anything that remotely resembles the below image you don't need the AVNex audio.

Reaction score
nope never seen that b4
i sound card thing is built in if i cant fix this tonight im gona go buy a sound card see if that fixes it

Reaction score
this is really weird
1 day it just stopped working well sound was there for like music and youtube and stuff but i couldn't get any sound for the game i was playing Counterstrike Source

so i updated my sound driver then all my sound went

Reaction score
Try removing all sound devices in Device Manager and then reboot the PC.

After rebooting the PC, look and see which has been re-installed during boot.

Edit:
Check your "Programs and Feature" for anything that resembles AVNex name. If there is anything there, you might want to remove it as well.

Reaction score
Try removing all sound devices in Device Manager and then reboot the PC.

After rebooting the PC, look and see which has been re-installed during boot.

Edit:
Check your "Programs and Feature" for anything that resembles AVNex name. If there is anything there, you might want to remove it as well.

i removed all sound devices and the one that came back was realtek high def
i found the avnex thing it was a voice changer thing lol so uninstalled that now going to reboot agen

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Cliff may be on the right track here. Install the latest Realtek HD Audio driver as he suggested and see what you get.

Reaction score
I'm guessing, your sound still doesn't work because there is no sound indicator next to any of the options.

Have you downloaded the most recent High Definition Audio drivers from Realtek?
The latest version is R2.61.

yes iv downloaded the latest ones iv reinstalled it about 3-4 times haha
iv tried unplugging all the leads and stuff and plugging headphones and different speakers in but it just doesn't pick them up

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
What is your motherboard? Might help us

Reaction score
for some reason when i watch a video on youtube its really laggy now unwatchable
but if i watch a video just from my pc its fine
bloody pc falling appart lol might just go for another format didnt want to do it but think ill start formatting the other partition tomorow

Ask a Question