no sound & white screen when logon :(

Reaction score
hello , i have windows 7 64bit ultimate , and i am having a few problems with it :(.

basically when i log on , its just a white screen , so i cant see why i am typing. also , i have no sound at all , i have tried all different realtek drivers , and its not working :(.

hopefully someone can help me out :).

thanks

Reaction score
Can you tell us alittle about your system.
  1. Have you checked to see if you have the latest System BIOS installed?
  2. Have you downloaded all the latest Hardware Drivers?
  3. Which computer do you have?
  4. Which CPU do you have?
  5. How much Memory is in your system?
  6. Do you have onboard video or is it a video card?
  7. Do you have onboard sound or is it a sound card?

Reaction score
hello , thankyou clifford for replying .

im not sure how to check if i have the latest system bios installed .
i have a custom built pc with amd 65 x2 , and a Asus m2a-vm motherboad.

i have 4GB of memory and my video and sound card are both intergrated (onboard).

Reaction score
If you download and run CPU-Z there is a tab called Mainboard. The Mainboard tab will list the BIOS version installed on your computer.

Reaction score
ok, so could that be what is doing it thehen ? because it was fine on win xp . so shall i do that and let u know what it says . thanks

Reaction score
bios version is : ASUS M2A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision 1002

Reaction score
ok , and what do i do now , click on each link , like Audio, chipset .... , because on the audio one the latest is 2007 and vista 64bit , will that be ok then ?

Reaction score
also , how do i install the bios file , it is a .bin file. :/ thanks for all your help so far , much appreciated.

Reaction score
ok thanks , ive tried to do that ,and it wont open the bios utilities program , it says : the version of this files is not compaitible with the version of windows you are using ...

Reaction score
hello , i tried that and still have no luck , still says can not run :(

Reaction score
OK 7king, This is a first for me. This is the first system I have ever had with the BIOS Updater built into the BIOS itself.

I can't say for sure if you have the same or not. Boot into your system BIOS and look under Tools to see if you have the BIOS Updater buitl in. If you do you can browse to your BIOS Update File(the .bin file you mentioned) to do the update.

Reaction score
clifford , did you forget about my problem lol , help me out please.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did your system work at all before showing this problem, or did it happen as soon as Windows 7 was installed? Also, what happens if you try booting in to safe mode?

Reaction score
i only have the no sound problem on windows 7 , if i boot into my windows xp , its fine .

Ask a Question