No sound after upgrading from XP to Win7

Jim

Reaction score
Hi,
I upgraded to Winidows 7 from two machines one Vista and the other XP. After upgrading, the Vista machine works fine. The XP seems to work OK but I have no sound. I have checked all my connections and I checked " sound" in control panel, no luck. Please help.
Thanks, Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Jim :)

Which sound card do you have? The model number would be a great help (or that of your motherboard if it's built in).

Have you installed the driver for it and does it show correctly in device manager?

Jim

Reaction score
No Sound

Hi,
How do I get to "Device Manager"?
Thanks, Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can press CTRL + Pause Break to bring up the System Window (or right click "computer" on the start menu and click properties), then click Device Manager in the left hand column.

If you let us know the type of sound card you have we'll be able to help more :)

Jim

Reaction score
No Sound

Hi,
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live Series WDM.
Thanks, Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Many Thanks Problem fixed

Hi Ian,
Thank for your help and concern. I found that my sound card was not compatible with Windows 7. However I have a sound connection with my motherboard and all my lack of sound problem has gone away.
Thanks again, Jim

Ask a Question