no network connection after recent updates

Reaction score
Hello,
The other night my computer with Win7 was working fine when I went to bed and sometime during the night it downloaded and installed some new windows updates. Since then I can't get an internet connection. The computer is connected to a DLink 8 port switch along with 2 pc's running WinXP and a PS3 and they have no problems. The icon in the task bar shows "Not connected - no connections are available". The network adapter shows no problems in the device manager but when I go to network and sharing center it shows "unknown" and when I try to change the adapter settings it opens up a blank white page. I have tried doing an ipconfig /release and renew and get errors saying media disconnected. In the event viewer there are a lot of 7000, 7001 and 7009 errors for the following services -> network store interface service, diagnostic service host service, network list service, network location awareness service, winhttp web proxy auto-discovery service, dhcp client service. I have been searching google for possible fixes but have not found anything yet. I have also tried doing a couple of system restores which didn't help either. I have tried system repair and that found no problems. I'm all out of ideas and need some help. Suggestions anyone?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I found THIS on Microsoft but it doesn't look like it's been answered except suggesting backing out which you said you tried. Other possibility, if you maintain a backup image, is to restore to an old image (back-up new files/data changes first as they would be lost).

Ask a Question