No 64 bit driver workaround?

Useful?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Driver issues!

I've recently purchased a firewire audio interface that I've just realised isn't supported with 64 bit drivers.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and wondered if a good workaround might be to use some free VMWare so that I can virtualise a 32 bit OS to exclusively run my audio interface?

Any better ideas or advice would be appreciated...

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've used VMWare & and Sun's Virtual Box (the free ones), it seems that Sun's is faster & better. They have done a lot of things for me, I'd say it's worth a shot. Is there any possible way of getting your money back? If purchased with a credit card, you do have consumer protection options. This would be better, and you could get the right part. BTW, welcome to the forum, Jibrohni! Hope the VM helps you, but I'd rather see you getting your money back & getting the right part for your needs.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I know this is a silly question... it's 12:40 AM CDT.

What is this poll about? Yes or No about what?

Firewire drivers are native in Windows 7. Are you saying the software program won't run in Windows 7 x64 version?

What exactly is going on?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Could have bought a 32 bit audio interface by mistake, I don't know. Seems like Microsoft Update would download the right drivers, if it's a newer part, and is compatible with the system. I don't understand the poll on this at all.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I know this is a silly question... it's 12:40 AM CDT.

What is this poll about? Yes or No about what?

Firewire drivers are native in Windows 7. Are you saying the software program won't run in Windows 7 x64 version?

What exactly is going on?
LOL. When I opened the thread, I checked to see if it wasn't April 1st,

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What is the poll even about? There are no choices, the OP has not responded, I noticed it was edited for no replies. Unless the OP gets involved here, this "poll" will turn out as others have, several pages of useful questions and answers hiding within this "poll", if that's what it is. I hope that it doesn't turn out that way.

Reaction score
Sorry guys, new to this forum - I'm not even sure why there's a poll!?

Anyway, I found out that my options are limited. The device has no 64 bit drivers available and I can't see anyone who has managed to get this device (Behringer FCA-202) working on a 64 bit machine.

Sadly it's firewire so VMWare won't even solve the problem as firewire isn't supported.

Thanks for you responses

Ask a Question