Network cards

Reaction score
Hello, Anyone can give me the links to download the latest drivers for Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter and Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet? I tried to search on google for them but i didn't found any link to install them, please help me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have some questions about those links, 1st link i don't see any file for windows 7 32bits; 2nd link i download the zip then what? i don't see any setup there.
Thanks for the links ;)

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
DeviceDoctor and other driver search programs can be extremely dangerous to the health of your machine. The product is only as good as the last time its' driver list was updated but, even more dangerous, it can inaccurately detect the hardware on you machine and install drivers that are completely wrong, potentially even preventing your computer from booting. For these reasons it is highly recommended to get your drivers directly from the manufacturers site.

I actually tried DeviceDoctor about a year ago and it loaded two drivers that worked, the third driver it installed made my computer refuse to boot and I spent about an hour in safe mode to recover.

If you try DeviceDoctor it's a good idea to have a system back-up first, take a restore point prior to install, only allow it to install one driver at a time, and reboot after each install to make sure everything boots properly/looks alright.

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to post back. IE9 all of a sudden started loosing the site the first 2 times I tried replying back. Anyway, For the Atheros, download the Vista drivers. They're the same as W7 drivers. 2. Make a folder inside downloads and name it Drivers. Move both .zip files into that folder after they download. 3. Right-click on each .zip file and select Extract All and make sure you point it to the Downloads>Drivers folder.4.Disable your antivirus temporarily.. There will now be 2 folders inside the Drivers folder, you'll find something like Setup.exe in each. Run one and after it's done restart your pc. Now run the other folder's Setup.exe and restart again. Now re-enable your antivirus. P.S. If you have paid for antispyware software,also disable it until both driver's are installed. Windows Defender usually let's drivers install without any issue's.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
wicken, you shouldn't need a setup program for the broadcom driver. Simply unzip the file to a temporary location on your computer. With windows explorer go into the win_vista_2k8_32 and find the file b57nd60x.inf and right-click; choose install.

I haven't downloaded the Atheros drivers to check them out but it is likely the same situation as the broadcomm because the download page mentions a .INF file ... so unzip and then right-click on the inf file and choose install.

(Brkkab, I think the OPs concern was that there isn't a setup.exe in the folder, not that there isn't a W7-32bit driver, there is.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did everythind you told me but now i have a problem, when i choose to install i get this error: INF file you selected does not support this installation method

Reaction score
Ok i have good news, i searched on google for this error and followed this steps: Device Manager > Network Cards > Update Driver Software > Browse my Computer > Let me choose > Have disk > Browse to .inf file > Click the.inf file and it worked.
All my networks cards are up to date, thanks guys :)

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That's great. I'm glad you were able to get it all worked out; sometimes the problems can seem so bewitching :p

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Those problems aren't really that bewitching, just a simple matter of using the "Update Driver" feature as it is intended. If a user is going to be installing operating systems and such then this important feature of Windows is one that they should be aware of. Many times it is the simplest and quickest way to install a driver.

Too many users think driver installs are going to be "easy peasy, lemon squeezy", but they aren't. Reference my tutorial on how to get Intel INF drivers to install properly if the executable doesn't do it correctly.

Reaction score
Those problems aren't really that bewitching, just a simple matter of using the "Update Driver" feature as it is intended. If a user is going to be installing operating systems and such then this important feature of Windows is one that they should be aware of. Many times it is the simplest and quickest way to install a driver.

Too many users think driver installs are going to be "easy peasy, lemon squeezy", but they aren't. Reference my tutorial on how to get Intel INF drivers to install properly if the executable doesn't do it correctly.
Yes but sometimes Windows says that they are updated already when they aren't, that is what happened so i had to update manually.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nibs, I didn't necessarily mean driver installs can be bewitching so much as the I did the various computer problems that we hear about here. For the most part I was simply trying to use the term "bewitching" because the OP is "wicken".

"If God had meant for us to take everything seriously then he would never have created the duck-billed platypus"

And wicken, Nibs didn't mean "Windows Update", he is referring to the Update Driver option in Control Panel\Device Manager

Reaction score
Nibs, I didn't necessarily mean driver installs can be bewitching so much as the I did the various computer problems that we hear about here. For the most part I was simply trying to use the term "bewitching" because the OP is "wicken".

"If God had meant for us to take everything seriously then he would never have created the duck-billed platypus"

And wicken, Nibs didn't mean "Windows Update", he is referring to the Update Driver option in Control Panel\Device Manager
i know that is what i was talking about, yesterday before i created this topic i noticed that both drivers weren't updated(i think they were from 2009) that's why i asked for the links to update them from device manager.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well if you hit the Update Driver option it first checks Microsoft for essentially the same list as "Windows Update" but specifically I believe Nibs was referring to the ability to manually update the drivers with that button.

Not only can Microsoft be out-of-date but on some rare occasions the Automatic Windows update feature can even replace the correct drivers you have installed manually with the ones it thinks should be there (if this happens your option is to find the specific update within windows update and mark it as hidden or, more extreme, to disable automatic updates all together)

Last edited:

Ask a Question