NASA Hidden Universe Theme From Microsoft

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That's a great theme pack Veedaz. The Spitzer Space Telescope pictures are very impressive and sharp in their resolution, also the depth of field is impressive too.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Awe man, how did you know I'm a sucker for that stuff?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Those are really cool, I downloaded them myself, impressive!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
The Spitzer Space Telescope is an awesome piece of technology!

A colony of hot, young stars is stirring up the cosmic scene in this new picture from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope. The image shows the Orion nebula, a happening place where stars are born. The young stars dip and peak in brightness due to a variety of reasons. Shifting cold and hot spots on the stars' surfaces cause brightness levels to change, in addition to surrounding disks of lumpy planet-forming material, which can obstruct starlight. Spitzer is keeping tabs on the young stars, providing data on their changing ways.

The hottest stars in the region, called the Trapezium cluster, are bright spots at center right. Radiation and winds from those stars has sculpted and blown away surrounding dust. The densest parts of the cloud appear dark at center left.

This image was taken after Spitzer's liquid coolant ran dry in May 2009, marking the beginning of its "warm" mission. Light from the telescope's remaining infrared channels has been color-coded: 3.6-micron light is blue and 4.5-micron light is orange.
Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz, that scene looks cool on my desktop! I have the front one on your post installed. What a rich mixture of colors!:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I must have missed this thread first time around, so I'm glad this got a bump :)

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz. That is one cool theme, the pictures are stunning. I am installing it on both laptops, and will force my kids to use that theme.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have it on my laptop, too. It makes an older computer look better, I wonder if these themes will work on XP. Has anyone tried it out yet?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can turn your PC into a virtual telescope with WWT ...
http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/Home.aspx

The WorldWide Telescope (WWT) is a Web 2.0 visualization software environment that enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope—bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world for a seamless exploration of the universe.

It doesn't work like my real telescope though ... I can't see the lady across the street getting undressed :p

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score

The WorldWide Telescope (WWT) is a Web 2.0 visualization software environment that enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope—bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world for a seamless exploration of the universe.

It doesn't work like my real telescope though ... I can't see the lady across the street getting undressed :p
You peeping Tom, you!:D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score

This looks very interesting ! and I have not tried it before so thanks very much TrainableMan :beer:
BTW ask the lady to leave her lights on at night ;)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't really own a telescope; the lady across the street isn't what I would call sexy; and I doubt her boyfriend/baby daddy would want her leaving the shades up/curtains open.

Plus their bedroom is on the second floor; this is a one story home, and I don't want to fall off the roof at night checking her out ... again :p

YVW :)

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I don't really own a telescope; the lady across the street isn't what I would call sexy; and I doubt her boyfriend/baby daddy would want her leaving the shades up/curtains open.

Plus their bedroom is on the second floor; this is a one story home, and I don't want to fall off the roof at night checking her out ... again :p

YVW :)
Shades of Animal House and Blutarsky on the extension ladder! LOL!

Ask a Question