My short story!!

Reaction score
Long story short

I started learning how to work on everything around me at a young age. My father didn't give me a choice and I didn't fight. I enjoyed working with him, learning everything he had to teach. It started with simple mechanics, carpentry and electricity. As time went by I noticed I was learning on my own. Now I can do things that even he cannot.

By the time I was 14 I had a very good grasp on these three area's. I started to study electronics, The little components on a green board inside all the radio's and other things. I was able to fix some of the problems through trial and error from visual problems that I could see and simple test on the boards. After I turned 26 I started school at ITT for Electronic Engineering. I completed 1.5 out of a 2 year coarse, I wish I could have completed. I'm not a writer, and a little thing like writing a research paper every three weeks 4 times cost me a diploma. Now I can say I have a pretty good grasp on four areas that I started at a young age of 14.

Somewhere around the time I was 18 a computer was introduced into the house. The next year was two and the next was three. My father was always upgrading the Hardware. My mother was the one doing the software. I was in the background watching and learning. Now I can say I know more about the hardware than my father and more about the software than my mother. Computer's have a language of their own. They have to be programed. We program them in one of many languages that we understand. We then compile the code into computer code so the computer can work faster. The people that do this is called Computer Programmers. I am not a Computer Programmer, but I do study some of the languages so that I can program a HTML Web-page with Java-script, Excel worksheet with Visual Basic Macro's. I sometimes find myself in the old style Windows Command-box, which is a different language here as well.

Welding was a area I wasn't as curious about at a young age. I helped my father when he needed it. I sometimes put on a hood so I could watch. I didn't start welding really until the last 4 years. Now I find that I am pretty good at welding as well. There are several different types of welding I wont even pretend I know all the types. Wire welding is the one that I am most comfortable with. Stick welding is the one my father is most comfortable with.

I bet by now you either don't care anymore or wondering about my past love life. In the third grade I had a crush on this girl. Funny thing is I am not sure if it was the fact that I liked her or that her mother was the teacher. But the crush was there and I could never tell her. A few more years went by and I found I had a Very Huge Crush on our Pastor's daughter. Once again I couldn't say anything, I am still haunted by the thought of not saying anything.

At the age of twenty, there was a small group on us that went down to the river (small river). We decided to get wet. A few of us swam across to the other side. On the way back, I swam into a problem and almost drown. One of my cousins jumped in after me, It almost cost him his life. I had another cousin there that just so happened to have a rope. He threw the rope out a few times before we caught it and was pulled to the bank. I seemed like minutes had gone by, but was told we laid on the bank for hours. I was setup with a girl on this trip. She started to feel something for me this day. We started dating and she ended up pregnant then wanted a separation after delivery. Two years later I had a DNA test done which came back negative.

My last relationship seems to have started and stopped all in the same day. I have spent 4 years trying to forget I met her because she had so much of my heart. She had two kids when we met. We spent nearly six years together and had two kids. During the first 3 months of separation I fought to keep my head on straight and not lose my job in the process. I got an apartment tried to negotiate with the furnishing we had. I didn't want to let her go, and after three months I let everything I had go. I loaded the car with my tools and cloths to move to my parents.

It has taken me 4 years to get to a point of moving on. Even now I cannot say anything to those that I am attracted to. My ego is low as it is, rejection would kill me. If something happens it happens, I'm not going to open my heart as freely as I have done in the past. I don't want to be lonely but if that is what it takes to safe guard my heart then I will make due.

I don't have anything to offer other than Myself, My talents, and in time maybe my heart. I'm not looking for a sex partner (although it would be nice) I can live without it. After all, I have gone two years without and two year before that now. I need a friend more than anything. I have only had two friends in my life. The first wouldn't leave the drugs alone. The second started dating my first GF, He is the one that found out how she got pregnant with the child that wasn't mine. I turned my back on him during the time I thought I was the father and was trying to bring my family back together.

I don't have time for drugs. I will drink alcohol but prefer not too. I am as simple a guy as you can find but I do have morals. Morals are something that people lose when they revert to thing that impair their judgment. I quit smoking twice in my life. I will not start back. It is bad for health and too big an expense.

I know I said long story short.

That's one of the problems I have with writing. I have this tendency to put everything in. Once I start trying to shorten it or leave things out, I never have anything left to give. And formats who came up with the idea that everything has to have its own formats. I'm trying to remember everything else not which formats to use.

Reaction score
That's got to be the longest introduction on here so far ;). Do you still do much electronics work, or build your own case mods with those skills?

Reaction score
That's got to be the longest introduction on here so far ;). Do you still do much electronics work, or build your own case mods with those skills?
Its been awhile since I have had a project. I do have some idea's from time to time.

Say for instance the next time I get a case with a front panel USB hub without enough power. I will increase the power with an additional connection to the power supply. Its not hard to do as long as you know how to limit the current.

Last edited:

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi Clifford,
you definately have a talent for writing... Do you have any short stories you wrote or similar?

Reaction score
The rewards for risking everything and opening your heart are worth it. Those that do nothing regret not taking a risk, and those that risk all and lose are all the stronger for it.
Do things, make mistakes, learn from them. Do not however, close yourself to the world for fear of rejection or failure.

Having said that, I'm only 21. So if you want to ignore me that's fine, I wouldn't listen to me either.

Reaction score
Do you have any short stories you wrote or similar?
I never really took up writing. I wrote this about two years ago as an introduction for people I was meeting online. I grew tired of telling the same thing over and over. I started Emailing my short story to keep from typing it all to everyone.

So if you want to ignore me that's fine, I wouldn't listen to me either.
I will listen to everyone - I dont have a problem listening

P.S. - As I said I wrote this two years ago. A recent development has changed things for me. The girl I had the DNA test done on. I never have really trusted the test and always wondered if it was incorrect. I have recently been chatting with her. She is now 16 and telling stories of how she can remember going to school and reading her peers shirts. The shirts read "Dad's little girl" and she knew when she went home she had no father to go home too. Talk about braking a guy down. I hoped the mother had found the father for her.

To bring this to an end, I will say that I am not closing the door to her if she decides to form a bond.

Ask a Question