SOLVED My New Toy For My External Portable 2.5" Hard Drive

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
BYTECC HD1-SUS-BK 2.5" Black USB & eSATA External Enclosure

$18.99 plus $2.99 shipping.

Lightning Fast! Same as an internal SATA hard drive.

With both the eSATA and USB 2.0 connections I can use to to transfer and load drivers, software, etc. on my friends and clients computers when I work on them.

I just took the 2.5" hard drive out of the old USB external case and slipped into this new one.

As usual I couldn't resist this little device, gets 4 out of 5 eggs at Newegg.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Looks like it needs two USB or one USB & 1 esata because it has one USB just for power.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
How many 2.5's do you have?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response guys, was at work most of the day.

TM -
It uses a USB to 3.5mm 5vdc power cord and eSATA cable for eSATA use or just use the USB A to mini-B for USB 2.0 connection. Power comes in on the USB cord for the USB connection while two connections are for the eSATA, power connector and eSATA cable.

Yodap -
for the time being I just have one 2.5" drive, a 120 GB SATA II 5400 RPM Fujitsu I got about two years ago. It's been one handy little drive for me, it previously was in a USB 2.0 external case called a CoolPodz.

However later this year I'm going to get a Western Digital Black Scorpio 320 GB @ 7200 RPM for this new case and put the Fujitsu in another less expensive eSATA external case I'll get from eBay.

Ask a Question