Music and DVD volume

Reaction score
I've noticed when I'm playing music, downloaded as individual songs (not an album) the volume varies between songs with no change in the Windows 7 volume settings. Some songs are louder or quieter than others with the same Windows seven volume settings. For some songs, the green level bar on the volume control is almost maxed out, and for other songs, it's barely visible with no change in the windows 7 volume settings. Is there a way to boost the gain on individual songs, to make the ones I can barely hear, louder?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I use a product called MP3Gain to attempt to normalize the volume of all my MP3s. The nice thing about MP3Gain is the changes are not permanent, they are merely descriptors attached to the file settings and you can tell MP3Gain to delete the normalizations if you decide you don't like the results.

Note: MP3Gain strictly tries to adjust the gain of the entire song, you would need more complex editing software if, for example, the song is too quiet at the start and too loud at the end.

I don't really know of a way to normalize the volume levels of DVDs you just play, but if you are creating your own DVDs most retail software for that purpose does offer a way to normalize or at least increase or decrease the volume during rendering.

Reaction score
Are you sure the songs have the same quality? I feel like had a similar problem with low quality audio duo to a codec issue. Just a hint :)

Ask a Question