Multiple BSODs

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been having trouble with bluescreens recently and the thing is, they don't seem to be very consistent when they happen. I've been loooking for solutions for ages and still haven't really gotten anywhere.

I've run memtest86 several times and sometimes, it does return errors. 250000+ of them. But other times it doesn't. It just says there are no problems. The computer seems to keep on changing its mind for some reason.

I tend to get the bluescreens if I'm on my computer for hours or if I activate "Steam" to play some games.

The most accurate conclusion I've reached is that my memory needs replacing, but that shouldn't be the case. My computer is a new build from first hand components.

I've also tried doing a boatload of system restores which don't work either. I've tried using memory diagnostics in Windows 7 to see what happened and all I got back was "Hardware errors".

Here are the specs (as from Belarc Advisor):

O/S:
Windows 7 Home Premium (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United Kingdom)

Motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N78-AM V2 Rev X.0x
Serial Number: MF70A7G04901435
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1102 06/10/2010

CPU:

2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
2048 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT [Display adapter]
Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Memory:
ELIXIR memory 2GB DDR2 800 PC6400 RAM
2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB

I've attached a .rar of all my dump files for you to have a look at.

If anyone can recommend anything that will mean I don't have to buy more R.A.M or take my computer to a repair shop, you will be greatly rewarded. (With a cookie)

Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I could be wrong seems like its bonjour from itunes that can be uninstalled

Reaction score
No, Bonjour can not cause bsods.

Welcome Mandaru. There are no minidumps attached.

Reaction score
Hello! And thanks for the welcome. The .rar file I attached contained all the files I managed to find in my "c:/windows/minidump" folder. Is this right or have I missed something?

Reaction score
Please see the sticky thread in this section of the forum on how to post the crash dumps.

There aren't any .dmp files in the .rar.

Reaction score
I just actually read the post lol.

"it does return errors. 250000+ of them"

Set the failsafe defaults in the bios and save. Test again. If even one error is shown, replace the memory.

You're still welcome to post crash dumps to take care of any software problems.

Reaction score
Hi Torrent. Attached is another .rar with .dmp files in it. Sorry about that.
Considering getting new memory at some point. Any particular brand you think would be reliable? I'm interested in Corsair RAM but don't know much about it.

Attachments

Reaction score
The only software issue is sptd.sys.

Remove it using this installer/uninstaller:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Use PowerISO instead for disc emulation.

---------

All brands are reliable. All brands have duds.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Considering getting new memory at some point. Any particular brand you think would be reliable? I'm interested in Corsair RAM but don't know much about it.
It's best to stick with name-brand RAM, quality DOES vary from the generic.

I would recommend the following in the order listed:

1. Mushkin Enhanced
2. OCZ
3. G. Skill
4. Corsair
5. Patriot

Remember that everyone here has opinions on RAM providers. The five listed above are the top five RAM makers, and have the least amount of issues. As TorrentG stated, every brand of RAM can fail or have issues since the memory chips are supplied by outside providers.

Have you run MemTest'86 to see what sticks are bad? It may just be one stick causing problems. I have seen bad memory occur right out of the package, it's rare though less than 1% of the time. I have seen installed RAM go bad after a few months or years, this is more common.

Ask a Question