MSExcel 2007 not saving any Pinned doc's

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some help. I have Windows 7. I was able to "Pin" documents to the MSExcel taskbar. Out of nowhere everything disappeared. However, that is the only program this happened to. I saw online that this is an ongoing problem. However, I don't see a solution. Please help.

How can I get all of the Excel doc's back and pin more?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
More info please, as I was not aware excel had it's own taskbar. What version of Excel (2010, 2007, older unsupported versions)? Is this a special taskbar inside of excel (is this a third-party add-on or part of excel?) or do you mean the standard Microsoft W7 taskbar with the Orb in the corner? If this is NOT the standard W7 taskbar then possible please use the Post Reply option (as opposed to the quick reply window) and attach a photo using the paperclip attachment to show a screenshot of exactly where you say they should be "pinned".

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "Recent Documents" list were you can pin your choice of files to keep them on the list?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion. In Windows 7 there is a "desktop taskbar". On this taskbar there is an excel 2007 icon. I used to be able to Pin documents to excel as well as see my recent documents. About a week ago it no longer showed all of the pinned nor the recent documents.

Would like to know who to fix it? We have done the following:
Restart
Shut Down then Restart
changed settings to a prior date (when the excel pinned was working)

However, none of that worked. Hope this helps.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think the Tuesday patches broke something... As I stated in the other thread, my jumplists are all gone and the option to select their number is greyed out. :(

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Think TM's on the right track with the Jumplists.

Oops!! Didn't intend a pun there!! :eek::D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Elmer BeFuddled... THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH :D... YOU SAVED ME ...

Thank you Everyone who replied. ;)

Starbritegirl :ciao:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Well... that was fun!

I would have thought of the Recent Documents as well... I run CCleaner at boot (when I actually boot, not just recovering from sleep) so it happens a lot that the recent documents are erased.

PFFT English people and their puns...

Ask a Question