Problem with MSExcel 2007 on Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi

I have installed the same version of "MS Office 2007" in Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems.
I have a Excel file generated by a non-microsoft program (a java program) with me.
I tried opening the file in windows xp, using Excel 2007.. The file opened and I was able to see all the data.
But when I copied the same excel file to Windows7 OS, and tried to open with the same installation of Office 2007, I get the an alert box with following message.

"Excel found unreadable content in "xyz.xls".Do you want to recover the contents of the workbook.If you trust the source of this workbook

Please help me in resolving this problem.

Reaction score
Try reinstalling MS Office 2007 and also try to recopy the excel file back into windows 7 after your done reinstalling.

I don't use MS Office 2007 myself, try using Open Office to edit and view the file, its free just sign up.
http://suite-3.org

Perhaps the file became corrupt somewhere along the line. Like I said I don't use MS Office but I hope the information I gave helps.
One last question:
When the message says "Do you want to recover the contents of the workbook.If you trust the source of this workbook" What happens when you chose yes?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am having a problem like this. Does anyone know the solution?

Reaction score
kolo,

This thread is 7 months old. I think it's best if you start your own thread. Be sure to include the EXACT details and include the version of Excel you're working with. Also state what program was used to create the Excel file. Start your own thread. :)

Reaction score
I realize it was 7 months ago but does that mean i can't still reply to it? Sorry, this is the first time on a forum so not sure what i am doing.

Reaction score
I realize it was 7 months ago but does that mean i can't still reply to it? Sorry, this is the first time on a forum so not sure what i am doing.
In general, (and I think this applies for most computer/software forums on the internet) it is considered good board etiquette to post your question in your own separate thread because it gets a bit confusing to help two people in the same thread unless the problem is EXACTLY the same. Same software, same version number, same problem.

In this particular situation - I suggested you start a new because there was really not much progress made on this thread and a relatively long period has passed with no interest. There are other reasons why it's not useful to dig up old threads. Besides, you can always post your own question and then point this thread saying, "i have a very similar problem as noted this thread..." etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you should always post as much detail as possible as I mentioned in my previous post.

Ask a Question