Mouse Help - in Registry

Reaction score
I should have written this one down as I recall it was a registry tweak.

The tweak was to allow the mouse to hover over an object (say as in the Start Menu) and the folder immediately. It was basically changing the delay time to about immediate.

Except I did not write it down and now I am not as thrilled as I first was.
Yes, I should have written spot in the registry where I found it.

Any one have any idea how to undo?

Thanks

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Try System Restore. You should be able to go back a day or so from the time you made the change. One thing to keep in mind, before altering the registry, create a restore point first. And make sure that you create a repair disc (in the Backup & Restore menu) in case the worst happens.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi sethm1

As you altered the default value once you should have no problem altering it back >

Type regedit in search then click regedit at the top of search, now your in regedit open
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse and alter the same value as you did before but now to 400 in Mouse Hover Time, and remember to reboot.

Or if you don't want to go in to the Registry again perform a system restore to a time before you altered the Registry.

Reaction score
Great- thanks (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse sounds familiar)

Ask a Question